ZIM Day 50

“You see, I’m not a big fan of being dead. It’s really uncomfortable, actually. My senses are shot. I haven’t smelled the air or tasted anything in weeks. I miss the simple things that the living enjoy. I haven’t eaten anything other than human flesh. I’m starving for real food. I’m dying for a beer. Being dead is getting really damn boring.

I’m going to enjoy being alive again.”

“What makes you think I’ll let you? I’d rather jump off this building before I let you do that.”

Osiris stepped up behind me and put the pistol to the back of my head.

“Oooh I’m soo scared. That’ll just save me the jump. It’s your choice. Shoot me or let me jump, but you won’t get my body anyways.”

“You seem to have forgotten, you were made for this. The only reason I created you was for this. We are the same person. You shouldn’t even be alive. I own that body.”

I took another step toward the edge. He stood his ground, but I could see the fear in his eyes.

“The world’s done what the hell does it matter anyway? I’d rather be dead than help you.”

Osiris still stayed by me as I stepped to the edge of the roof. He started moving closer too. Osiris wasn’t going to do anything. His hand started shaking. He was barely even pointing the gun at me.

“Fine, if I can’t convince you to do it for your own life, how about your friends?”

He gestured to the monitors on the wall. I could see Ben, Jeff, and Steffanie on the screen. They were being held by the dead. They were still armed, but it wasn’t going to do anything to stop them. There were too many.

“All I have to do is give the order and they’ll be dead in seconds. Now, come back from the ledge. This won’t even hurt.”

He came closer. I stood still at the edge of the roof. He was only a few feet away now and I could smell him. He reeked of death.

Only a few feet away, I could see that he really looked just like me. I still couldn’t believe this was happening. Then the unexpected happened. Out of nowhere Chuck came diving at him. He was more or less flying through the air. He kicked my other self square in the jaw. The corpse went down and one of the swords went clattering across the roof. Osiris shot Chuck in the back and he went down in an instant. I turned and grabbed the gun. He held tight, but I was able to aim it away from myself.

We struggled for a moment, but I didn’t give him an inch. I kicked him in the knee, dropping him to the rooftop. I yanked the gun free of his hands and shot him square in the face twice. I turned to see my other self rising to his feet again. He still had one sword.

I glanced around. Chuck must be dead. Stephanie was sitting down with a dazed look on her face. Osiris was dead. I raised the side arm and aimed it right between the dead me’s eyes. I pulled the trigger.

Nothing happened.


Chapter 51


Looking for more Zombie Fiction? Click Here for my list of Free and Other Zombie Books