ZIM Day 6

The news altogether stopped today. I don’t know if it’s the cable or if there is actually no more news. They just show the emergency broadcast signal.

The Metrodome must have not kept these things out. We saw people fleeing for their lives this morning. I don’t think any of them made it. There are crowds of ghouls wandering the streets. The dome is actually on fire. Its inflatable roof is all but gone. It has just turned into one big, melted, inflatable tomb.

This afternoon, DJ died from the gunshot wound. She must have lost too much blood. She got back up a few minutes later though. I guess this isn’t just an infection, these things are actually dead. We were able to put a bullet into her reanimated corpse before she could hurt anybody though. I shouldn’t even call her “she”, “it” would be more appropriate. They aren’t people any more, just monsters.

I barely slept last night. When I did fall asleep, I had horrible dreams about these monsters. They were attacking from everywhere and somehow were killing every one in the country, then the world. It seemed like I was the only one left alive. Strangely, I had an overwhelming feeling of joy as I watched them conquer nations. I almost wanted them to win. When I woke up, I realized that I had fallen asleep on the bathroom floor. It feels like I’ve been working and fighting all night long. I just can’t seem to get any rest.

I heard from Ben again today. We are trying to figure out how to get them up here. They have plenty of food, but no real defense. The other plan is to secure the entire building. Maybe if everything is locked down it will be easier to sleep. Plus, I’m thinking we can get Ben here through the skyway somehow. There are just too many of them outside.

I just got an email from Rory from the south metro. It sounds like they aren’t doing any better than we are. Here is the email:

“Lee,Just letting you know that there’s still a few of us alive at the Ole Piper. We haven’t been able to communicate in a while because the head of one of those bastards landed on our laptop and oozed a bunch of goo into the keyboard. It seems to work okay now that we got it cleaned out.I’m sorry to hear about Dennis and DJ. I can understand Dennis’ reaction though, these things are enough to make anyone go insane. With any luck DJ can hold on until you can get her some help.We’ve had some problems here as well. I didn’t time one of my swings very well, and only nicked one of them. Before I could get into position again, it got a hold of Patti and took a bite out of the back of head. Clarise was finally able to kill it by driving a pool cue through its head, but the damage had already been done. We all knew what she was going to turn into, so we ended it while she slept.My brother sent me a text message the other day from Fort McCoy. He and five other soldiers had commandeered some weapons and a vehicle. I told them about the Metrodome and it sounded like they might try to make it. However, it’s been a day and a half, and I haven’t heard anything.”

Rory, don’t try the Metrodome, it’s gone. If you can make it here safely, we can find a way to get you in. Only come if you can find a heavy duty vehicle. There are probably abandoned cars all over the road. You will have to take it slow, but watch out for ghouls along the way.

I’m done for today, I’ve got to get some sleep tonight.

I wish we had some booze. Ben, if you make it over here, bring as much as you can.


Chapter 7


Looking for more Zombie Fiction? Click Here for my list of Free and Other Zombie Books