Zim Day 17

“Lee, Wait!”

Chuck shouted at me just before I opened the door.

“I’ve got to tell you guys something before we go on. We were sent in for a specific mission. These three places that we need to check out aren’t just ‘points of interest’. We actually have to retrieve something from each.”

“I figured you guys weren’t on a simple reconnaissance mission. What’s this all about? You guys have got to tell us.”

BW just turned away. He didn’t say a word, but I didn’t expect him to anyways. I already knew that Chuck would be the one talking. This was getting ridiculous and I needed some answers.

“So what the hell is going on, Chuck?”

“The people who sent us here have figured out why all of this is happening. They figured out why the dead are still walking around and they think they have figured out why they attack everyone who isn’t one of them yet. They still don’t know exactly how it works, but they do know that something or someone caused it. They actually think that someone might have done this on purpose. Why, I have no idea though.

What they do know is that the entire thing originated here in Minneapolis. The IDS building to be exact. They have sent BW and me in to stop it. And by the looks of it, you guys are going to help us. We are here now and have to stop it. There’s no backing out.”

“Okay, I’m listening. How did they figure all of this out? How and why would someone have purposely started all of this? Why would they only sent you guys in and not the whole army? This is crazy.”

“We don’t have much of a choice here. It’s up to us to save what remains of the world. Are you guys in?”

I looked at Stephanie. She just kind of nodded. “Yeah, I guess we’re in. One question though: what three things can possibly help us save the world?”

Chuck chuckled and answered, “Well, you’ll find out soon. The first thing we item we need to collect is just beyond this door. It’s going to get us into the tower and open up any doors that may block our path to completing this mission. They think that this was left here by the one who started this whole thing. The one who brought the dead back.

This is where he lived just before it happened. It’s where he lived before he died."

“What?”

“Are you guys ready?”

I gave up asking questions and turned the door knob. Whether these guys are crazy or not, I’ve got to do this. I have to finish this so that we can save the others and figure out a way to keep on living. I don’t know if they were full of shit or not, but at least they were doing something. I guess it’s better to die doing something great than to live and do nothing. Stephanie glanced my way and I think I saw her smile as she raised her weapon. She was ready to kick some ass.

I laughed and kicked the door in.


Chapter 18


Looking for more Zombie Fiction? Click Here for my list of Free and Other Zombie Books