ZIM Day 5

Last night, we made our move to get to the car and get the hell out of this place. The whole group made its way down to the second floor where the entrance to the parking garage is. We didn’t run into any of those things on the way down. At least that means that everything we secured is still pretty safe. Once at the door to the garage, I realized that this plan would have never worked. There were ghouls scattered all over the garage. Even as well armed as we were, there was no chance.

After we backed off from the garage we started to discuss what to do next. To the best of my recollection this is how the conversation went.

Me: “This will never work, there are way too many of them”.
Dennis: “We have to try or we’ll never get out of this mess, I can see my car from here. We can make it easily”.
Pete: “I think Lee’s right, there is no way we can get past them or fight em all.”
Dennis: “No way man, I can get there.”
Steph: “This is a really bad idea.”
DJ: “Yeah you’re right, Dennis come on lets just go back upstairs.”
Dennis: “Fuck you guys I’m going.”

We argued for another minute, then Dennis tried to grab Pete’s gun.

Dennis: “Just gimme the gun and I’ll make it.”

He yanked the gun out of his hand, but some how it went off. I stared in shock as DJ fell over backwards onto the carpet. She was hit in the stomach pretty badly. Dennis just took off through the doors and made a break for his car. I watched through the window as he sprinted through the crowd of these things. He shot two of them and dodged the rest until he made it to the car. The whole seemed to go into slow motion as he struggled to get the keys in the lock. Just before they got him, he managed to get in and close the door. He started the car and took off through the garage and down the ramp to the first level.

Everyone except DJ ran over to the skyway so we could see if he made it out alright. To our horror, we saw that there was an overturned car directly blocking the exit. We also noticed that there were about thirty people being chased by ghouls down the street. It looked like they were on their way to the Metrodome. Then Dennis smashed through the exit, sending the other car spinning into the group of people. A few of them were completely run over and others were thrown into the next building. As Dennis tried to turn the corner to get away he spun out and rammed a city bus. He got out of the car, looking dazed, and walked right into a man with a huge gash on his chest. The man grabbed Dennis and sunk his teeth into his cheek, tearing a bloody chunk out of his face. There was an entire crowd around him and the others almost instantly. I think a few people may have gotten away, but there is no way to be sure.

In complete shock, we carried DJ back upstairs and tried to clean her wound. She eventually fell asleep and we finished Pat’s bottle of scotch.

This morning, things are looking pretty bad. Most of the news channels are just running the same clip over and over again. I was able to email Ben and let him know the bad news. I’m not sure how the people in the Metrodome are holding up, but I don’t think there is any way we can get there safely. I also got an email from someone in the south metro. I wish we could help ya, but I don’t know how we can get anywhere just yet.

We have been just kind of sitting around most of they day. I’m not really sure what to do next. I think it might be a good idea to try to secure the whole building. We are going to need more food soon if this doesn’t end soon. DJ seems to be feeling better, but we really need to get her to a doctor. If there are any doctors left in this city.

I’m going to go talk to the group and see if we can come up with any ideas. I have such a headache from not sleeping well, I don’t even know if I can think right now.

Get back to you tomorrow.


Chapter 6


Looking for more Zombie Fiction? Click Here for my list of Free and Other Zombie Books